Apply now for 2020 enrolment.
Applications are now being accepted for 2020 enrolment in the Training Programme to gain the Diploma in Cosmetic Medicine.
Applications close 8th November 2019
The programme commences February 2020.
The New Zealand Society of Cosmetic Medicine Training Programme is the pathway to Advanced Competency in Cosmetic Medicine. NZSCM welcomes New Zealand registered medical doctors to apply to join the Training Programme.
TRAINING PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
Cosmetic Medicine is defined as the branch of medicine concerned with improving the appearance and therefore the quality of life of patients. The New Zealand Medical Council defines cosmetic procedures as either Category 1 (surgical) or Category 2 (nonsurgical).
Category 1 (surgical) procedures are restricted to those vocationally registered in surgery, dermatology and ophthalmology (oculoplastics).
Category 2 (nonsurgical) procedures are restricted to:
- Members of the Society of Cosmetic Medicine.
- Any Registered Medical Practitioner practising under oversight.
The pathway to Membership of NZSCM is through the Training Programme. The aims of the NZSCM Training Programme are to:
- Provide a training pathway for Vocationally Registered Medical Practitioners in Cosmetic Medicine.
- Ensure that Training Programme graduates have the technical skills, clinical skills and ethics for Vocational Registration in Cosmetic Medicine.
- Satisfy the legal requirements of the New Zealand Medical Council that patient safety is assured while trainees are in the Training Programme and after graduation.
- Assist the trainee in gaining the knowledge, procedural skill and consultation skills in order to build a Cosmetic medical practice.